WOODPATEL believes in sustainability and being a good steward to our environment. This applies internally to our company as a whole as well as the communities in which we live, work, and play. WOODPATEL is committed to being environmentally-friendly in our daily practices.
This effort is shown through:
- Our team members, some of whom are LEED® and ENVISION Sustainability accredited personnel.
- Commitment to LEED projects and specifying environmentally friendly materials and special re-use of materials in specifications and details.
- Thoughtful design in sensitive environments by performing low impact design and light touch techniques where appropriate to blend projects with the natural terrain.
- Our involvement in the community including initiatives such as donating to charities that plant trees and assist with reforestation.
- Involvement with community projects that provide an improved life for less fortunate. This includes WOODPATEL matching every employee donation to St. Mary’s Food Bank, dollar-for-dollar.
- Smart thermostats programmed to preserve energy.
- Reduced printing of exhibits and reports with greater emphasis on utilizing technology.
- Teleconferencing with design teams to reduce carbon footprint.
- Multiple metropolitan offices help reduce commuter miles and emissions. This creates an increased quality of life for team members.
- Promotion of the County ride-share program.
- Recycle program for all paper products and aluminum cans.
The key to sustainability is finding thoughtful solutions to design-solutions that speak to the needs of the community that will last from generation to generation; the importance of place that will direct the design on where it needs to be and have the least negative impact on the environment; and the cost-saving applications that bring a net benefit back to the community. With every project we take on, we develop client-specific solutions with sustainability in mind.
- President and CEO, Greater Phoenix Economic Council
“As one of GPEC’s stakeholders, WOODPATEL understands the significance of working collaboratively for the overall good of the Greater Phoenix economy. Their investments and commitment to the community is backed by their philanthropic activity and dedication to providing their customers with the best service.”
- Project Manager, Flood Control District of Maricopa County
“This is just a note in recognition of your excellent contribution and effort on the New River Channelization project. The District works with consultants on a very regular basis. But only a very few standout as outstanding performers in that big crowd. I believe the WOODPATEL team is that kind of performer.”
- Former Public Works Director, City of Goodyear
“WOODPATEL's associates are practical professionals who will evaluate what you need in order to assure long-term success and expandability as your needs evolve. I would run to the bank with their group of professionals as they have proven they are seeking the client’s best interest time and time again.”