This project involved the rehabilitation of the existing hotel, first built in 1956 in the heart of Downtown Scottsdale as a “mini Biltmore.” Plans for the 14-acre site included the rehabilitation of the original hotel; the construction of a new room wing to bring the total accommodations to 194 deluxe rooms and suites; a 7-story tower with the 5 upper-levels devoted to residences with dramatic views; a new 5,000 square-foot ballroom with high-tech executive boardrooms; and an urban spa and fitness studio. Since the hotel was added to Scottsdale’s Historic Register in 2002, this project required special attention n order to ensure that future generations of Arizonan’s can enjoy what has been called “one of the best preserved mid-century hotels in the country”. WOODPATEL provided extensive pre-design analysis and planning, grading, and drainage plans, parcel descriptions, water and sewer plans, and an on-site drainage report. WOODPATEL was successful in obtaining a decreased retention requirement for this project site.
- 14-acre site
- New room wing, a 7-story tower; a 5,000 square-foot ballroom; and a spa and fitness center